If you own a Bosch Sensotronic dishwasher but don’t know how to troubleshoot its problems, this guide is for you. Not always you need a professional to deal with the problems. With some little help and guidance, you can solve the common problems on your own.
Problem No. 1
The dishwasher makes a banging sound during operation
- The banging sound during operation is due to improper placement of the dishes. This error usually occurs in all dishwashers. If you encounter this error in Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA, you can use the same method to fix it.
An overcrowded dishwasher causes the machine to produce a banging sound. Dishes loaded too close to each other are the actual reason behind this noise. Therefore, never overload your dishwasher and always place large items on the bottom rack, whereas small items are for the top rack.
Problem No. 2
The dishwasher fails to start the operation
- The door of the dishwasher is not locked properly
The door of the dishwasher must be closed or locked completely to start the wash cycle.
Problem No. 3
The drying performance of the dishwasher is not up to the mark
- Empty rinse aid dispenser
Fill the rinse aid dispenser to boost the drying performance. The drying option of the dishwasher performs better when you add rinse aid.
Problem No. 4
The dishwasher fails to give the desired washing results
- Wrong selection of the cycle
- Overloading or incorrect placement of the dishes
- Dishes obstructing the rotation of the spray arm
- Clogged spray arm nozzles
- Low or excessive use of detergent
- The washing performance of the dishwasher affects when you don’t select the right wash cycle. Always check how dirty your dishes are, and then adjust the cycle accordingly.
- Too many dishes inside the dishwasher also affect the washing performance. Also, when you don’t place your utensils correctly, you fail to get the desired results. So, proper placement of the dishes is the key.
- Allow the spray arm to rotate freely by unloading the dishes that are causing the obstruction.
- Check the spray arm nozzles to find any blockage.
- Make sure you are adding the right amount of detergent to clean your dishes.
Problem No. 5
Dishwasher leaves marks on the glassware
- Too much rinse aid is in the dispenser
Decrease the amount of rinse aid to keep your glassware free from marks.
Problem No. 6
The dishwasher leaves white spots on the dishes
- You are not using the required amount of rinse aid
Adjust the rinse aid to a higher setting to avoid this problem.
Problem No. 7
The machine stops before the rinse cycle
- The water supply valve is off
Turn on the water supply line so that the machine enters the rinse cycle.
Problem No. 8
- Drainage issues in the kitchen sink
- Filters of the dishwasher are clogged
- Improper installation of the drain hose or clogging
- Inspect the kitchen sink to find any obstruction. If it is blocked, clear the blockage to avoid drainage issues.
- Remove the food particles or dirt causing the blockage in the filters.
- Proper installation of the drain hose is necessary for drainage. Or, if it is installed correctly, check the blockage inside and clear it away.
Problem No. 9
Suds are present inside the dishwasher
- The wrong detergent is used
Suds are formed when you don’t use a detergent made for automatic dishwashers. Therefore, always use a dishwasher detergent to avoid the formation of suds.