A refrigerator is a closed box, and if something inside starts rotting or gets spoiled, it takes only a few minutes for the odors to reach the entire compartment. The only solution is to take out the spoiled food and deodorize the internal compartment. A refrigerator does not only smell when something goes bad inside. It also smells of the food you recently stored or you stored something without an air-tight box or wrapping it properly.
Modern-day refrigerators are no longer like their older counterparts which reeked when you opened the door. They come with an air filter that lets the fresh air inside and forces the smells outside. The air filter doesn’t let the cooling escape because it is built this way.
You may be thinking, why not place a box of baking soda in your refrigerator to kill smells? Baking soda is not as effective as an air filter. A box full of baking soda will take up some part of the storage space, and it will not remove odors effectively compared to an air filter because it isn’t located in the pathway or air.
When it comes to such advanced filters, LG refrigerators are the best. Almost all of the latest LG refrigerators come with an air filter. This air filter gets dirty and needs to be replaced after a set period. The life of an air filter is usually 6 months, but it may vary depending on the load on the refrigerator and the type of things you store in it.
In this article, we will discuss how you can replace the air filter on the LG refrigerator. Replacing the air filter timely will improve the cooling process and also positively impact your interaction with the machine. What’s more pleasant than opening the door of your refrigerator and smelling a pleasant fragrance.
How to Change Air Filter in LG French Door Refrigerator
In most LG French door refrigerators, the air filter is located in the back center of the refrigerator. Open the top compartment (refrigerator section), and you will see it located at the top back center of the machine.
Follow the steps below to replace air filter on a LG refrigerator!
- To remove the air filter, apply pressure on the left side of the filter and move it to the left side. The filter box will come out. Remove the old filter and insert the new filter in the same way. You can also clean the filter if it is recently installed and looks fresh.
- Make sure you have the correct filter model with you before replacing it.
- To replace it, put it in a slightly left tilt position and move the filter towards the right. You will hear a click sound indicating that the filter has been replaced.
- Some French door refrigerators may have a big filter, so the filter box will be slightly bigger. This filter will be removed in the same way. Move it to the left, and the filter will come off. Replace the filter and put back the filter box.
- All air filter boxes have arrow guides to help you replace the filter.
- Some models come with a control panel that display replace air filter light. This light comes on when the filter replacement is due. Hold the air filter button for 3-5 seconds to clear the notification light when you are done replacing the filter.
- Just a pro tip: there are two settings for the air filter that can be activated in the control panel. One setting is auto mode. In auto mode, the filter will cycle on and off as needed.
- The other mode is power mode. The filter will be on and off for 4 hours in this mode before automatically switching back to auto mode.
Changing the air filter on your LG refrigerator is critical for maintaining a pleasant environment inside the refrigerator. The process is quite easy and will take only 5-10 minutes if you know how to do it. We have discussed everything you need to know on how to replace the air filter in the LG refrigerator.