Whirlpool is one of the most favorite brands across the US. Its machines are reliable, durable, and affordable. One of the most frequently bought Whirlpool appliances is a dishwasher.
Whirlpool dishwashers usually run smoothly, but you may need to enter the diagnostic mode to check what is wrong with your machine. The best way to enter a diagnostic mode in a Whirlpool dishwasher is to follow the directions given in the user manual. However, if you have lost the manual and can’t locate one online, don’t worry. This article will help you enter the diagnostic mode on your Whirlpool dishwasher.
How to Enter Diagnostic Mode in Whirlpool Dishwasher?
The process is simple. All you have to do is press any three keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 within 1 second between each key press and each sequence. If you don’t press it under 1 second, the machine will not enter the diagnostic mode, and it will start the washing cycle as per the keys you have pressed.
This will allow you to get into the diagnostic mode. Please note that the service diagnostic cycle will start when you close the door of the dishwasher.
How do I Run a Diagnostic on my Whirlpool Dishwasher?
Follow the steps below to run a diagnostic test on your Whirlpool dishwasher.
- Turn on your dishwasher and make sure it is empty.
- Press the rinse cycle button and turn off the dishwasher.
- Now press and hold the start button until the lights start flashing on the LED and the buttons.
- Let go of the start button immediately when you see lights flashing.
How can I Reset my Whirlpool Dishwasher?
Whirlpool dishwashers don’t have a reset button that you can press and hold to reset your machine. It takes 20-30 minutes to reset a Whirlpool dishwasher. Let’s learn how to do it.
- Turn off your dishwasher if it is on and stuck between a cycle.
- You can turn off your machine by pressing the power button on the control panel or unplugging it.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes, and then turn off the dishwasher.
- Select “High” or “Pots & Pans” from the control panel board.
- Wait for a minute.
You have successfully reset your Whirlpool dishwasher.
Operating a Whirlpool dishwasher may not be as easy as operating and resetting a Bosch or Samsung dishwasher. However, a little patience and knowledge can help you manage your machine without any hiccups. Your machine’s manual is your best friend for all the maintenance tasks.