Samsung refrigerators are one of the best in the industry. They are known for the latest design, advanced technology, energy-saving parts, and user-friendly operation. Most Samsung refrigerators come with a water filter that provides users with pure drinking water. This filter helps remove various contaminants and odors from incoming water.
The filter in Samsung refrigerators is good for about 6 months. The filter life may vary depending on water quality and usage. When the maximum usage is reached for the water filter, a red light will appear on your machine’s control panel, indicating that the water filter must be replaced as soon as possible. Please note that the light may go orange in some models after 5 months of filter replacement or 450 gallons, and red after 6 months or 500 gallons.
Replacing a water filter in a Samsung refrigerator is easy. You don’t need any specific tools. All you need is the right filter and 5-10 minutes from your precious time. Let’s learn how to replace the water filter in Samsung Side by Side refrigerator.
How to Replace Water Filter in Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator?
Go through all the steps mentioned below you set to work and make sure you have the right filter with you. It is best to go with Samsung replacement filters in a Samsung refrigerator.
Step 1: Locate the Water Purifier Filter
The first step is to locate the water purifier filter on your Samsung refrigerator. It is usually located in the middle of the inside or at the bottom of the machine. Please note the filter location may vary from one model to another and from one category to another. Therefore, it is best to keep the user manual with you while replacing the filter.
Step 2: Prepare your Refrigerator
Turn off the water supply valve on your side-by-side Samsung refrigerator. You don’t need to turn off the machine as it is safe to replace the filter in Samsung refrigerators with the power on.
Step 3: Replacing the Filter
This step involves 3 sub-steps.
- Press and hold the Ice Type/Filter Change button for 3 seconds on your Samsung side-by-side refrigerator.
- Open the filter cover and turn the water filter counterclockwise. Pull the water filter from the case. Make sure you keep the filter cartridge horizontal when pulling it out. You don’t want to spill water in the filter case.
- Insert a new filter into the filter case and turn counterclockwise until it locks. Don’t forget to remove the protective cap from the filter before inserting it into the filter housing.
Step 4: Resetting the Water Filter
Press and hold the filter reset button for 3 seconds to reset the water filter. Don’t forget to dispense a couple of gallons of water after replacing the filter to remove air bubbles and prevent tripping. Make sure that you don’t consume this water. You can use it for watering your plants.
That’s it. You have successfully changed the filter on your Samsung side-by-side refrigerator.
The above method will help replace HAF-CIN and HAF-QIN filter types. If you have a HAFCU1 filter in your unit, follow the directions given below.
Replacing HAFCU1 Filter in Samsung Refrigerator
- Turn off the water supply and locate the filter. Refer to the user manual if you don’t know where it is.
- To remove the old filter, twist it to the left. The filter will be unlocked.
- Pull the filter down to remove it.
- Insert the new filter, push it up into the filter housing and turn it to the right.
- Make sure that the filter is locked in its place by checking the lock symbol on the filter holder.
- Dispense 1-2 gallons of water from the dispenser to remove any impurities and air. Reset the water filter by holding the button for 3 seconds.
What to do if the water filter is not coming out or stuck?
There may be water pressure buildup in the machine. Dispense some water from the dispenser and then try to remove the filter again.
How do I know that the new filter is locked in its place?
You will know it’s locked in place when the lock symbol matches the indicator line on the fridge.
How to find the serial number on your refrigerator?
You will need to know the serial number corresponding to each filter for your refrigerator model. All Samsung refrigerators have labels placed on two areas on the exterior of the product. Once you know the model name and the serial number of your refrigerator, you can easily find a compatible filter.
Are Samsung filters any good?
Yes. Samsung offers one of the best filters currently available in the market. Many people with refrigerators from other brands prefer using Samsung filters if they are compatible with the unit. Samsung water filters can be rare carbon filters rated for the NSF/ANSI 42, NSF/ANSI 53, and NSF/ANSI 401 standards. These filters can reduce aesthetic impurities like chlorine and taste/odor, along with many other contaminants. Since the filters are certified by EPA and Health Canada, they are safe to be used all over North America.
Replacing the filter on your refrigerator timely is crucial for everyone’s health in the home. Make sure you buy the filter from Samsung and change it right after the replacement time comes to avoid any inconvenience. Moreover, you must keep your machine well-maintained and clean to keep it hygienic and to work properly.