It is critical to operate your Samsung refrigerator at the right temperature to keep your things fresh/frozen for a long time. Setting up the temperature on a Samsung refrigerator can be tricky for some people, especially if you recently bought a Samsung refrigerator.
In this article, we will explain how to set the temperature on the Samsung French door refrigerator with both internal and external controls.
How to Set Temperature on Samsung French Door Refrigerator?
Samsung French door refrigerators come in two different designs when it comes to the control panel’s location. You will either have an internal control panel or an external touch control panel. We will first discuss setting the temperature on a machine with internal controls.
How to Set Temperature on Samsung French Door Refrigerator with Internal Controls?
Follow the steps below to set the temperature on your Samsung French door refrigerator with internal controls.
- Open the door of your refrigerator and locate the control panels. It is usually located on the inside wall of the right door.
- You will find a door alarm button at the bottom of the control panel. Hold on to it for 3 seconds to unlock the door. This will allow you to change the temperature on your machine. The door lock light will start blinking before it turns off.
- You will see a fridge button at the top of the control panel; press it to change the temperature. Please note that the temperatures are pre-defined in each model. For example, the current temperature on your machine is 39F, and you want to change it to 36F. The temperature will move from 39F to 36F after you press the button 3 times.
- You can also change the temperature of the Flex Zone if your model has separate zones in it. The latest models allow you to change the temperature for the wine section, deli drawer, beverage section, and meat section.
- The Flex Zone button also allows users to change the temperature units from Fahrenheit to Celsius. You need to hold the button for three seconds to convert the temperature ratings.
- You will find a freezer button on the control panel as well. Press and navigate through the freezer button to change the temperature.
- Moreover, you can turn the ice maker on/off, reset the filter, change the water/ice settings and lock the dispenser.
- Once you set the temperature, hold and press the button for 3 seconds again to activate the door alarm. It helps prevents kids from playing around with your refrigerator.
- You can also do this by closing the door and letting it stay closed for 30 seconds. It will lock by itself.
How to Set Temperature on Samsung French Door Refrigerator with External Controls?
- You can change the freezer temperature by pressing the freezer button on the control panel. You may have to unlock the child lock.
- The temperature changes each time your press the freezer button.
- To change the fridge temperature, press the fridge button on the right side of the controls. The fridge temperature changes in the same way as the freezer temperature.
- Please note that the temperature controls on some models are labeled “freezer temperature” and “refrigerator temperature.” They control the temperature in the same way as explained above.
- Moreover, when the desired temperature is set, do not press the fridge or freezer button again.
How to Change Temperature on Samsung Family Hub Model?
Follow the directions below to set the temperature on the Samsung family hub model.
- Swipe on the home screen and select the Fridge Manager widget.
- You will find fridge, freezer, and Flex Zone temperature settings.
- You can change the fridge temperature by pushing the fridge button, freezer temperature by pushing the freezer button, and Flex Zone temperature by hitting the Flex Zone button.
How to Set Temperature on Samsung RBT7300T refrigerator?
- Wake up the display by tapping any button on the screen.
- Press button “O” to navigate through the menu. Now select freezer or fridge.
- The indicator will blink for the selected compartment.
- Tap “< or >” to select the desired temperature for the particular compartment.
What is the ideal temperature for my Samsung Refrigerator?
FDA recommends keeping the refrigerator temperature at or below 40F (4C). The ideal temperature for the freezer compartment should be 0F (-18C). It is suggested to check the temperature periodically. If your machine doesn’t have a built-in temperature display, you can use an appliance thermometer to ensure that the temperature is right.
Samsung recommends 0F (-18C) for the freezer and 37F (3C) for the fridge section.
It takes only a couple of minutes to set the temperature on your Samsung French door refrigerator. If you get stuck at any point in time, it is best to consult the user manual.