Vitamix blenders are famous for their incredible processing speed, durability, and designs. When it comes to blender cleaning, a question always arises about whether you can put it into the dishwasher or not?
Only the Vitamix S-series 20-ounce and 40-ounce and Vitamix S30 are top-shelf dishwasher safe, but that doesn’t mean it’s recommended. It is better to wash them manually than dishwashing them because of their safety.
The dishwasher can damage your Vitamix blender as its heat can dull the blender’s body. Moreover, it can corrode the dishwasher’s blade. Thus, hand or self-cleaning is always preferred for these dishwashers. If you also have yeti products and want to know if they are dishwasher safe, then see this guide: Are Yeti Tumblers, Cups and other Products Dishwasher Safe?
Vitamix blenders are expensive; thus, you have to be careful with their cleaning. If you want to put them in the dishwasher, disassemble the blender first. Then each unit should be washed in the correct racks.
Cleaning Methods for Vitamix Blender
Dishwashing the Vitamix blender isn’t completely safe. So, you can try other cleaning methods to clean your dishwasher safely. Here are a few practical and safe cleaning methods for your Vitamix blender.
Manual blender cleaning is best if you have a routine cleaning habit. After using the blender every time, you can quickly clean it with the following easy steps.
- After using the blender, rinse it immediately with warm water.
- Take a non-abrasive sponge and add a few drops of dish soap over it.
- Gently clean the container and lid of the blender with this sponge by moving it in a circular motion.
- Rinse with warm water. Ensure that soap residues are washed away entirely, and your dishwasher is clean now.
- You can use these steps for every unit of your blender, including blades.
Besides the process mentioned above, there is another easy manual cleaning method for the Vitamix dishwasher.
- Rinse the dishwasher with warm water.
- Add a few drops of your dish soap and half fill the blender with warm water.
- Attach the lid to start the machine and choose speed 1 from the settings.
- Gradually increase the speed up to a High level and keeps the dishwasher running for 30-60 seconds more.
- Reduce the speed from High to 1 again and turn off the dishwasher.
- Discard the inner solution and rinse the blender with warm water.
- Air dries the lid and container separately upside down.
Some of the models of Vitamix dishwashers have “Clean” settings. This feature helps you to clean your dishwasher quickly and thoroughly.
- The first step in blender cleaning is to rinse it with warm water.
- After rinsing, add a few drops of dish soap into the blender.
- Half fill the blender with warm water.
- Close the lid and press the clean button to start the machine.
- After the completion of the cleaning cycle, the blender will automatically stop.
- Discard the blender’s content into the kitchen sink.
- Rinse the blender with warm water thoroughly to remove soap residues.
- Air dries the lid and container separately.
- You can also wash the lid and blade separately with warm water and a sponge with drops of dish soap. Rinsing at the end of cleaning with warm water is necessary for proper cleaning.
Odor Elimination Method
If your dishwasher doesn’t smell fresh, you should eliminate the odor coming from it due to different blending ingredients. Here is a simple odor elimination method for Vitamix blender.
- Fill your blender with warm water and vinegar into 1:1.
- Press the cleaning button to start your blender for quick cleaning.
- Discard the content and rinse it out with warm water.
- Perform the regular cleaning procedure with warm water and dish soap.
- If the smell persists, fill the blender again with warm water and vinegar into 1:1.
- Let it soak for 4-5 hours, or you can also leave it overnight.
- After soaking, dump out the solution and perform regular cleaning with dish soap and warm water.
- If the odor is still coming, you can add 1 ½ teaspoon of bleach into the blender, half-filled with warm water.
- Run the cleaning cycle, and after that, rinse the blender with warm water.
Turmeric Stains Removal
Turmeric stains are stubborn and hard to remove from blenders as well. You can remove these stains from your Vitamix blender by the following method.
- Leave the blender in sunlight for a few hours to break the turmeric stains with UV light.
- Now add 1 ½ teaspoon of liquid bleach into warm water, and half fill the blender.
- Start the cleaning cycle, and upon its completion, discard the solution.
- Perform a quick cleaning procedure with dish soap and warm water.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water, and air dries the blender.
- If it doesn’t work, make a baking soda paste and water on a scrub brush or toothbrush.
- Gently clean the stains with this paste and then rinse with warm water at the end.
If you don’t immediately wash the blender, then after drying, stains and residues become more stubborn. They need deep cleaning instead of regular cleaning. You have to fill the blender with warm soapy water for deep cleaning. Now let the blender leave for at least 1-2 hours. After soaking, discard the content of the blender into the sink.
Perform regular cleaning procedure now again with warm water and dish soap. In the end, you should rinse the blender thoroughly with warm water, and air dries it.
Vitamix blenders are sensitive to keep in the dishwasher. Although some of its models are dishwasher-safe, washing them in the dishwasher isn’t recommended. On the contrary, you can use various other cleaning methods described in this guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Vitamix blender dishwasher safe?
Some Vitamix blender models, including Vitamix S-series 20-ounce and 40-ounce, and Vitamix S30, are dishwasher safe. But it is not recommended to wash Vitamix blender into the dishwasher because it can make the dishwasher’s body dull and corrode its blades.
Read this too: How to Wash a Hat in the Dishwasher?
2. How will you clean a cloudy Vitamix blender?
To clean a cloudy Vitamix blender, you should follow the given steps.
- Add one cup of white vinegar into the blender.
- Half fill the blender’s container with warm water.
- Let it leave for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Discard the content and use a scrub brush to remove residues.
- Rinse with warm water in the end.
3. Is Vitamix tamper dishwasher safe?
This isn’t a good idea to clean the Vitamix tamper into the dishwasher. The dishwasher’s heat and high water pressure can damage the tamper, lid, and other dishwasher parts. You can use manual cleaning method for the Vitamix tamper.