Yeti, the ice monster, introduced its first product, a cooler, in 2006. Since then, the Yeti products, including mugs, ramblers, ice chests, soft-coolers, and other vacuum insulated stainless steel drinkware, got immensely famous worldwide.
Yeti products or accessories are entirely dishwasher safe, but you should be careful while putting them into the dishwasher. You have to read the instructions written on your Yeti product’s manual before dishwashing them.
The status of Yeti products before 2015
Before 2015, the Yeti products were not considered dishwasher-safe. The mugs, ramblers, tumblers, coolers, and other similar accessories are no-air products. The vacuum created between the inner and outer layer of Yeti products makes them heat insulators. That’s why, for keeping your beverages cold, Yeti is always a priority by customers.
But the dishwasher heat could damage the vacuum created between the inner and outer layer of the Yeti drinkware. So, the brand didn’t recommend dishwashing their products. Yeti tumblers, ramblers, and mugs can handle boil water, then why don’t they bear the dishwasher heat? This is the question that came from every Yeti user.
Some users started putting their Yeti products in dishwashers and claimed that they didn’t get damaged. Instead, they were still working pretty well. But the manufacturers were claiming that placing their products in the dishwasher could decrease their warranty.
The status of Yeti products now
After the demand from the customers and the trends, Yeti’s manufacturers put some tests on their products. They created a space with dishwasher conditions and put their drinkware in it. Then, they noticed that these conditions didn’t affect the drinkware and they thrived in that environment.
After that experiment, Yeti declared its products as dishwasher safe in 2015. The instructions and warning labels were updated. So, now you don’t have to compromise on your warranty by putting your Yeti drinkware in the dishwasher.
Special instructions to wash Yeti in dishwasher
Although it’s safe to put your Yeti products into the dishwasher, you must follow some care instructions.
- The lid of the Yeti tumbler or cup has a rubber gasket that keeps the cup air-tight. The dishwasher heat can damage this rubber, and your Yeti product will lose its insulation. That’s why; you shouldn’t put the lid of the Yeti drinkware into the dishwasher.
- If you still have to wash your lid in the dishwasher, remove the gasket from the lid. Put the gasket into the utensil basket along with Magslider, magnets, rubber sleeves, and straw cups from straw cups.
- Put the rest of the lid into the top rack of the dishwasher.
- You can put your tumbler, jug, and cup without lid in the dishwasher as they are entirely dishwasher-safe.
- You can choose a regular dishwashing cycle with medium temperature for washing your Yeti drinkware. Press the On button, and here you go.
- After completing the dishwashing cycle, you can reassemble the lid, and your Yeti products are ready to use again.
The Yeti product line is completely dishwasher-safe. Place each part of a Yeti drinkware into correct racks; to wash them easily. The rubber gasket from the lids should be separated and cleaned manually or into a dishwasher utensil basket.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is your Yeti tumbler dishwasher safe?
Yes, the Yeti tumbler is completely dishwasher safe. You don’t have to clean it with a lid in the dishwasher. The rubber gasket of the dishwasher may get damaged in a dishwasher. Otherwise, it’s safe to use the dishwasher for cleaning Yeti tumbler.
2. Are Yeti’s stainless steel cups dishwasher safe?
Yes, Yeti stainless steel cups are dishwasher safe, as the company declared in 2015. These cups have rugged 18/8 stainless steel construction that makes them dishwasher safe. But, there isn’t any surety about dishwasher-safe status for other brands’ stainless steel cups.
3. Does a dishwasher ruin the Yeti cup?
Yeti’s product line is dishwasher-safe. Their products’ rugged 18/8 stainless steel construction allows them to withstand the dishwasher’s heat. So, at high temperatures also, the Yeti cups are safe, and it doesn’t reduce their insulation ability also.
4. Are Yeti products microwave safe?
No, the Yeti products are not microwave-safe. The radiations emitted by the microwave don’t mix well with the stainless steel and aluminum body of the Yeti drinkware. These radiations can easily damage the drinkware due to their high intensity.